The first thing you need to know about losing weight is that if your metabolism is slow, certain snack foods that some diets say you can have are actually not good for you. For example, many diets will tell you to eat fruit, but fruit can really be bad for you.
Here’s the lowdown on some good and bad snack foods:
• Fruit - In my book, I do recommend some fruits. However, for a lot of people, eating fruits can slow down weight loss. A fruit won’t make you gain weight, but it can slow things down because it’s too sweet. You might have to omit fruit from your diet until you get to your weight goal. Then, you can add it back in.
• Protein Bars - A lot of the protein bars in stores, even the natural ones, have a tremendous amount of natural sugar.
• Yogurt - Although it is generally healthy, even the plain kind can have up to 20 grams of sugar per cup. Plain kefir, which is lactose-free, might be a better option.
• Peanut Butter – One of the best snacks is peanut butter because it has just about 1 gram of sugar per serving. Just make sure to really read the label, and don’t buy the ones with added sugar.
• Hummus – It has 0 grams of sugar.
• Cheese – It is a fermented food, which means the bacteria that help make the cheese eat up all the milk sugar.
You can put them on celery, carrots, or tomatoes. Don’t put them on bread or grains.
I also recommend the kale shake, but if kale or any other food including vegetables bloats you, you might have to either cook them or omit them from your diet. This is because the bloating will stop your weight loss, and it can spell the difference between losing or not losing weight.