0:00 Introduction: Why going to the beach can lower your cortisol levels
0:10 The benefits of going to the beach
2:00 How going to the beach helped my patient
3:04 Share your success story!
In this video, we’re going to talk about why going to the beach can help lower your cortisol levels.
There are many therapeutic benefits of going to the beach that relate to lowering your cortisol levels.
Cortisol is a stress hormone that can cause problems in the body if you have too much of it.
Let’s talk about the benefits of going to the beach.
1. Vitamin D - Sun exposure at the beach can increase your vitamin D levels. In turn, this can help lower your cortisol. Sunlight and vitamin D are also important for normalizing your circadian rhythm, which can naturally support healthy sleep and cortisol levels.
2. Seawater - Saltwater is rich in magnesium, sodium, potassium, and selenium. These can help with asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, aches, and pains. Saltwater is also very relaxing, which can help reduce stress and lower your levels of cortisol.
3. Sound (waves) - The sound of waves at the beach can be very relaxing for your body. In turn, this stimulates the parasympathetic system and promotes normal cortisol levels.
4. Breeze - The sea breeze can pick up the negative ions from crashing waves. Negative ions help increase oxygen in the body and potentially decrease your risk of depression.
5. Color - Blue skies and aqua-blue waters help many people feel relaxed and at peace. If you’re feeling stressed or have high cortisol, try making a trip to the beach or spending more time in nature. Let me know how it helps you in the comments below.