Weight Loss Shake for Keto
Our Educational Content is Not Meant or Intended for Medical Advice or Treatment
Here’s the deal: the combination of a low-carb, high-fat keto diet with intermittent fasting can provide amazing results for weight loss. And when you're in ketosis, and you add in this keto shake for weight loss, it’s like icing on the cake.
Let’s dive in.
In this article:
- The Keto Shake’s Simple Recipe
- Experience the Benefits of Keto
- Add Intermittent Fasting To Keto
- Let This Keto Weight Loss Shake Give You A Boost
The Keto Shake’s Simple Recipe
This amazing drink pairs up beautifully with a ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting. It can help reduce your blood sugar, lower your insulin resistance, and even has anti-diabetic properties for your Type 2 diabetes - all necessary for effective weight loss.
Let’s do this!
In a pint jar that has a lid, put in:
- 1tsp cinnamon - cinnamon has powerful anti-diabetic properties, including making insulin less resistive
- 1tsp grated fresh ginger - one of ginger’s many properties is to support the reduction in blood sugars. If your experience with it has been limited to its use to calm an upset tummy, you may be pleasantly surprised by its other properties.
- 1-2 TB (depending on your taste) apple cider vinegar - I recommend Bragg’s, but whichever you choose make sure it’s raw and organic and comes with what’s called the mother.
- 2-4TB (depending on your taste) organic fresh lemon juice - it helps prevent kidney stones when you’re on keto and fasting intermittently
- Add filtered water or San Pellegrino sparkling water to the brim of the jar
Cover the jar and shake the contents until well blended. (If you use carbonated water, make sure you loosen the lid to let off the pressure after you shake it.)
I make a couple of these each day and keep them in the refrigerator. Sometimes I drink them with a meal; sometimes in between.
Experience the Benefits of Keto
Perhaps you’ve already reduced your carb intake as part of going keto. And you’ve upped your fat intake to include healthy fats such as coconut oil, MCT oil, grass-fed butter, or avocados.
If so, you may already be experiencing weight loss and other health successes such as improved insulin resistance, reduced blood sugars, or a lessening of your diabetes symptoms.
If so, congratulations!
And, as I mentioned, this shake once or twice daily will give you a boost.
If you’ve yet to take the low carb keto plunge, I encourage you to dive in! You don’t have to figure everything out by yourself. You can sign up for my free keto mini-course for support.
Add Intermittent Fasting To Keto
In addition to being on the ketogenic diet and drinking this shake, intermittent fasting can kick start your weight loss.
Intermittent fasting is, simply, just going for several hours without eating, which triggers your main fat-burning hormone and forces your body to use up your stored fat.
And what is this hormone that makes your body burn fat?
It’s called human growth hormone.
Most people, when they hear the phrase human growth hormone, think of the HGH that professional athletes use as a performance-enhancing substance and to build muscle mass.
But for our purposes, HGH is the main fat-burning hormone of the body, and it gets triggered with intermittent fasting.
And, just as with keto, you don’t have to do intermittent fasting by yourself. Take advantage of my free mini-course to help you.
Let This Keto Weight Loss Shake Give You A Boost
It’s true that the combination of a ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting (IF) can turbo-charge your weight loss, improve the pre-diabetic state of insulin resistance, and even improve or reverse type 2 diabetes.
You could do keto and IF without drinking this shake.
But it’s delicious, with so many potential health benefits for you to enhance your keto and IF results.
Mix up a few batches and give it a try.
Because you surely don’t want to deprive yourself of anything that will boost your health.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.