Our Educational Content is Not Meant or Intended for Medical Advice or Treatment
If your cellulite has been bothering you, you can try these workouts to get rid of cellulite. Let me tell you about the most effective anti-cellulite exercises in this article.
In this article:
- What Is Cellulite?
- What Causes Cellulite?
- Can You Reduce Cellulite with Exercise?
- What Are Multi-Dimensional Anti-Cellulite Workouts?
- Additional Tips to Burn Fat and Get Rid of Cellulite
Cellulite 101 and the Cellulite-Busting Exercises You Need to Do
What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite appears as skin dimpling on the thighs, pelvic area, lower back, and hips. It may also appear in the other parts of the body where there is untoned or unused muscle or tissue. Many people refer to cellulite as cottage cheese.
What Causes Cellulite?
Cellulite is a myth. There’s no difference between cellulite and other types of fat in the body unless it’s in the belly, which is visceral fat around the organs.
Cellulite is not a special type of fat. It is atrophy of the muscle right under the skin.
Atrophy Definition: This is the shrinkage of the muscle because of inactivity.
It happens when fats in the connective tissue undergo herniation. This means that fat accumulation puts pressure on the surrounding tissues and muscles, depriving them of enough contraction and relaxation activity.
Cellulite appears on both men and women and is caused by:
- Lack of exercise
- An unhealthy or unbalanced diet
- Hormonal imbalance
- Slow metabolism
In your skin, you have all this jiggly-type cellulite in your thighs or hips.
Underneath that layer of superficial fat, you have muscles that have not been toned properly. They have atrophied.
Can You Reduce Cellulite with Exercise?
The answer is yes. However, one mistake people make is they go to the gym, and they do weight training or go on exercising machines.
Those really don’t get you anywhere because they are two-dimensional types of exercise. The secret to getting rid of cellulite is to do multi-dimensional workouts to get your muscle tone back.
What Are Multi-Dimensional Anti-Cellulite Workouts?
You have 90 muscles in the lower part of your body. When you work out, you need to work out all of those 90 muscles.
You need to hit the atrophy muscles in three different ways. With the proper lower body workout, you can get rid of cellulite on your thighs, hips, and lower back.
Below are a few examples of workouts to get rid of cellulite. Before you perform these exercises, start with a warm-up routine.
Important: You need to do 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise. Rest for 1-2 minutes between each set.
1. The Gluteus-Thigh Kickback
- Go on an all-fours position on the floor or an exercise mat with your neck, shoulder, and back in a straight line.
- Lift your right leg up. Keep your knees bent while doing so; your right thigh should be parallel to the floor, and your sole should be facing the ceiling.
- Hold your position for a second, then assume your original position.
- Do the same on your left leg.
It is important not to put pressure on your back while performing this thigh fat and cellulite exercise. Make sure you don’t arch your back while raising your leg either.
2. Hips, Butt, Thigh Pull and Stretch
- Assume the push-ups position with your palms flat on the floor, but create an imperfect triangle with your body—the spine being the peak of the triangle. Keep both arms extended.
- Bend your left leg and bring your knee to your stomach, just around 12 inches of the floor.
- Then, drive and extend your left leg as if reaching the ceiling.
- After doing a set, do the same steps for the right leg.
RELATED: How To Lose Cellulite
3. Anti-Cellulite Squats Exercise
Squats are the best exercise for cellulite removal. This type of exercise focuses on the thighs and gluteus maximus.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- On inhale, slowly lower your body as you bend your knees. The best position is when the thigh is parallel to the floor and when your knee and butt are aligned.
- Hold the position for 1-2 seconds.
- Go back to your original position as you exhale.
Make sure to go slow and low enough when performing squats. This anti-cellulite exercise really engages your thighs, hips, connective tissues, muscles, and fats.
Additional Tips to Burn Fat and Get Rid of Cellulite
1. Eat a Healthy Diet
Increase your intake of vegetables and fruits. Edible plants are rich in antioxidants, bioflavonoids, and phytonutrients which help fight cellulite-causing free radicals.
Reduce your intake of simple and refined carbs. High sugar intake can spike up your blood insulin levels and trigger fat formation or lipogenesis.
Opt for healthy fats. Consuming saturated fats may:
- Cause poor blood circulation, eventually leading to cellulite formation
- Throw you off your keto diet
- Create an imbalance in the amount of healthy fatty acids in your skin
- Interfere with collagen formation, which you need to keep your connective tissues firm and elastic
Eat the right type of protein; try seeds, nuts, fish, and poultry. Protein and amino acids are essential in collagen formation and connective tissue production.
Drink lots of water! Have at least 2 liters a day.
2. Try Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains magnesium, potassium, calcium, and other minerals which eliminate toxins and controls excess water in the thigh area. Here’s how you can use it to get rid of cellulite:
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar, 2 parts water, and 3 drops of honey.
- Massage the mixture on the cellulite-affected areas.
- Leave for 30 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Apply twice a day until you see results.
3. Exfoliate with Coffee Scrub
Exfoliation not only removes dead skin cells on the surface but also tightens loose skin caused by cellulite, improves blood flow in the affected areas, and promotes lymphatic drainage. Here’s how to use coffee scrub as cellulite treatment:
- Mix ¼ cup of coffee grounds, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin or body part through a firm massage for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Try this weekly until you see results.
Exercise alone won’t get rid of cellulite or trigger weight loss. Cellulite creams and cellulite treatments alone won’t do either. You need to watch what you eat and watch the portions and calories as well. If you really want to lose weight, combine keto diet, intermittent fasting, and exercise, and you'll see your body change right before your eyes!
What workouts to get rid of cellulite works for you? Let us know how effective they are in the comments section below.
- The 2 Types of Exercise for Belly Fat
- The Best Fat Burning Exercise
- Cauliflower the Ultimate Keto Food
Disclaimer: Our educational content is not meant or intended for medical advice or treatment.