Our Educational Content is Not Meant or Intended for Medical Advice or Treatment
After the joy of childbirth, it is every woman’s worry to lose the baby fat which ruins the ecstasy of childbirth. Most women who experience this left over weight are so drained and prefer to just sit and worry about it rather than to take steps to reduce the weight. A thorough exercise regimen, though important, must be combined with diet and other mechanisms to be healthy. The following comprehensive instructions could help a woman lose weight after childbirth:
Do not take crash exercise routine or diets. Not only will the appearance of stretch marks be increased, but you will strain your body at a time when it is still fragile. It is crucial that you consult your doctor before embarking on any exercise and diet routines.
- Do not be in a hurry to lose weight. Beginning weight loss before lapse of 3 months after childbirth only hurts your body. Focus on eating a balanced diet to give your menstrual cycle the time to normalize.
- If you never exercised while pregnant, then it is recommended that you start on a slow note. Simple walks around the neighborhood, for example, could do. If you had been exercising while pregnant, then you can start with jogging and progress to gym memberships.
- Do not skip a meal. Make sure they are small in number, well-balanced, and take several of them. This is important for the child being breastfed and for your energy needs.
- Avoid highly processed junk and fatty foods. Concentrate on eating vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and fruits. Also, drink lots of water that will help you lose weight.
- Sometimes, the baby fat does not disappear as fast as you expect. Do not feel discouraged and keep being on track with your exercise till you begin to notice a few results.