Eric Berg, DC, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Health Ketosis™ and Intermittent Fasting. His clients have included
senior officials in the U.S. government and the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors,
high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from
all walks of life. Currently Dr. Berg no longer practices, but does full time education through social media, videos and conventions.
He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning, published by KB Publishing in January 2011 and the new edition called The New Body Type Guide in 2018. In addition, Eric Berg
is widely published in trade magazines, including Chiropractic Today and The American Chiropractor, and in consumer
publications such as First for Women, Men’s Exercise, New Beauty, Upscale and Let’s Live. Dr. Berg has trained chiropractors,
physicians and allied healthcare practitioners in his methods, and to date he has trained over 2,500 healthcare
professionals. He is one of the top ketogenic diet expert in the world.
He has been an active member of the Endocrinology Society, on the advisory panel for the Health Science Institute, and
has worked as a past part-time adjunct professor at Howard University. As a leader in
natural health and food coaching, Eric Berg has appeared on many radio and television shows, including ABC, CBS where he has taught what is ketosis and as
a monthly host on Channel 8’s Sports Talk. He has also had his own radio health show on WOL in 2005.
I have been in practice for 27 years. In our clinic we consult our patients in eating better, how to get
nutrition from the foods we eat and using nutrition to improve health. I have taught nutrition part time at
Howard University as an associate professor in the Community Health division. I deliver many educational
seminars to government agencies as well as creating KETO YouTube videos online.
September 1983 – December 1985
University of Wisconsin Parkside: 2 year undergraduate pre-med. studies.
June 1983 – December 1987
Army Reserves: X-ray technician – weekends and summers. Ft. Jackson South Carolina, Ft. Sam Houston Texas, Ft.
Riley Kansas. St. Phillips College – San Antonio, Texas.
January 1985 – December 1988
Palmer College of Chiropractic: Davenport IA, Doctor of Chiropractic degree
Past and Present Affiliations
January - December 1988
National Board of Chiropractic Examination passed Part I, II, III, Certification No. 39761
Certificate of Proficiency in Chiropractic X-ray
January 1989 – June 1989
Associate Intern for Sound Chiropractic David Graham D.C.: Lynwood WA
June 1989 – December 1998
Associate Intern for Moll Chiropractic Paul Moll D.C.: Lancaster California
January 1990 – September 1993
Practiced in San Diego CA, Private Practice
October 1993 – August 1997
Practiced in Shreveport LA, Private Practice
September 1997 – Present
Practice in Alexandria VA, Private Practice as Director of The Health & Wellness Center
January 2005 – June 2005
Taught as an associate professor at Howard University in the Health Department (Nutrition)
Certification and Licensure
- Virginia Board of Medicine - Certified to Practice Chiropractic: No. 1851
- California Board of Chiropractic - Passed Boards in January 1990: No. 20123
- Louisiana Board of Chiropractic - Passed Boards in January 1990: No. 875
- Certified in the diagnostic interpretation of neuro-selective current perception threshold by H. Chado M.D.:
Certification No. 30166
Current and Past Membership Affiliations
- Active Member of the Endocrinology Society; in recognition of achievement in clinical practice, research and or education in the field of endocrinology.
- Honorary member of Price – Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
- International Academy of Chiropractic Occupational Health Consultants
- Clinical Associate: CERA, Clinical Electromedical Research Academy, March 1997 Recognition of high practice standards, voluntary continuing education and superior ethical concerns in the discipline of clinical bioelectrical medicine.
- Advisory Panel member of the Health Science Institute
- American Association for Health Freedom (formerly the American Preventative Medicine Association)
- Proclamation from the Office of the Mayor, Robert Williams, June 1995 Shreveport, LA
- Official Statement of Commendation by Governor Edwin Edwards, State of Louisiana, May 1995 Sponsoring “Way to
- Happiness Program” to a local elementary school - winning 1st place nationally (Concerned Businessmen Association)
- Research participant: RAND, Chiropractic Research, 1993, by Robert Brook M.D.
Present and past publications & videos
- Dr. Berg has written his own national newsletter called HealthySelf Newsletter.
- Dr. Berg published three books – “The 7 Principles of Fat Burning”, “Healthy Hormones, Healthy Life”, and “Dr. Berg’s Body Shape Diets”.
- Dr. Berg does weekly health videos on health, nutrition and diet. To date, he has 46,217 subscribers and 5,192,834 views. His has created over 700 YouTube videos.
- January 12/13, 1991 – B.E.S.T Technique, Bioenergistic Synchronization Technique, Life Chiropractic College West
- August 22/23, 1992 – Southern California College of Chiropractic, Philosophy and Technique, Dr. Reggie Gold
- December 5/6, 1992 – National-Lincoln School of Post Graduate Education, Cox Low Back Seminar, Dr. Neault
- December 11/12, 1993 – International Scoliosis Research Center Inc. Biomechanics of Scoliosis Progression
- November 19-22, 1994 – Microscopy, Live blood cell analysis, Certified
- May 14, 1994 – Risk Management, Louisiana Union of Chiropractic ; September 25, 1994 – Motor Vehicle Collision Injuries, LUCP
- November 18/19, 1994 – Earned Masters Certification in the performance of A.M.A. permanent medical impairment examination and credible fact finding.
- February 3/4, 1996 – Spinal Impairment Studies (Disability rating), Dr. Mazion
- December 7/8, 1996 – Fibromyalgia, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dr. Jeff Rockwell
- January 18, 1997 – Contact Reflex Analysis, Dallas Texas, Dr. Versandaal
- August 1997 – Comprehensive physician training course in the procedure and diagnostic interpretation of the neuro-selective current perception threshold examination, H. Chado M.D.Certification No. 30166
- March 21, 1998 – Contact Reflex Analysis, New York, NY, Dr. Versandaal
- April 18/19, 1998 – Contact Reflex Analysis, Harrisburg, PA, Dr. Versandaal, Dr. Fred Ulan and Dr. Bryman.
- May 17/18, 1998 – Contact Reflex Analysis, Columbus, OH, Dr. Versandaal, Dr. Fred Uland and Dr. Bryman
- May 30/31, 1998 – Effective Nutrition Therapy, Alexandria, VA, Dr. Michael Dobbins
- August 8/9, 1998 – Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique, Buena Park CA, Dr. Devi Nambudripad
- September 12, 1998 – Advanced Clinical Nutrition, Alexandria, VA, Dr. Michael Dobbins
- July 6/7, 2002 – Advanced Clinical Nutrition Training, Alexandria, VA, Dr. Michael Dobbins
- November 22-24, 2002 – Foundation and Therapeutic Use of Whole Foods and Phyto-Nutrients and ACG Symposium, Miami FL, Jeremy E. Kaslow, M.D., FACP, FACAI
- September 20-24, 2000, The Health Science Institute Wellness Symposium four-day event, Dr. Berg was one of main speakers and panel doctors. Sanibel Harbor Resort & Spa, Ft. Myers, Fl. Other speakers were Victor Marcial - Vega, M.D., Martin Milner, N.D., Douglas Phillips Jr. D.D.S., and Joseph Spano, M.D.
Presentations and Seminars Conducted
Dr. Berg has conducted Nutritional Seminars, sponsored by Standard Process Inc. to over 1000 doctors and allied healthcare practitioners.
Dr. Berg has conducted over 4950 workshops, seminars and symposiums to his patients on the following topics:
- Alternative Pain 7 Inflammation Treatments
- Anti-Aging Foods and Exercise Strategies
- Arthritis Techniques
- Calcium and Bone Loss
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Digestion Basics
- From Fatigue to Energy
- Headaches & Migraines
- Healthy Food Combining
- Low Back Safety
- Pain Syndromes
- Sleep Cycles and Cortsiol
- Understanding Water weight versus Fat
- The Four Body Shapes
Dr. Berg has presented many of his seminars to governmental agencies including
- Library of Congress
- Dept of Justice
- Dept. of Interior
- National Institute of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Dept. of Transportation
- Dept. of Commerce
- Dept of Printing and Engraving
- Dept of Education
- And many others
News Media Coverage
- Dr. Berg has also been on the cable TV show, “Medical’s Best Kept Secrets”, with Allen Walls eight times (2/6/00 – 11/13/01).
- Channel 9 CBS nightly news health spot interviewed Dr. Berg’s energy technique discovery and patients’ successes (4/16/02).
- Channel 8 news (4/20/02).
- Radio newscaster Chilli Amar (107.3 FM-WRQX-FM) interviewed Dr. Berg regarding his newly released book and technique – Healthy Hormones, Healthy Life (1/5/02).
- Radio WTEM-AM in-studio interview with MetroTalk regarding weight loss (2/17/02).
- Radio newscaster Deirdre Blake (WFLS-AM) interview on weight loss (3/7/02).
- Radio interview WFAX-AM on the Acupressure Techniques (4/2/02).
- The Hill Rag article was done on Alternative Healthcare Techniques.
- Woman’s First Magazine did a 4 page feature article on the 4 body types in August of 2006
- Experience Magazine did a story on Belly Fat and featured Dr. Berg in November 2006
- Woman’s World mentioned Dr. Berg’s recommendations on reducing cravings in July of 2006
- Dr. Berg has had 2 radio shows in the past two years: 1580AM andRadio One’s WOL 1450AM
- Dr. Berg has been on Fox & Friends in New York in May of 2008
- First for Woman – front page 2008
- American Chiropractor Trade Magazine, article – 2007
- New Beauty Magazine, article – 2007
- Taste for Life Magazine, article – 2007
- Let’s Live Magazine, article – 2007
- Men’s Exercise Magazine, article 2007
- Issue Today Radio Network February 21, 2007
- WNTN-AM 1550 February 22, 2007
- WOCA-AM 1370 February 28, 2007
- KCBR-AM 1040 March 2, 2007
- Talk Star Radio Network March 3, 2007
- WACK-AM 1420 March 5, 2007
- WHJJ-AM 920 March 6, 2007
- Health Radio Network March 6, 2007
- WUSA Channel 9 Live Interview March 8, 2007
- WEZE-AM 590 March 12, 2007
- WIBQ-AM 1220 March 13, 2007
- KCTE-AM 1510 March 16, 2007
- WRGA-AM 1470/FM 95.3 March 19, 2007
- Cable Radio Network April 6, 2007
- WOGL-FM 98.1 April 11, 2007
- WJGA-AM 1320 May 2, 2007
- vChannel 8 Sports Talk August 3, 2007 – August 2008 – each month