Our Educational Content is Not Meant or Intended for Medical Advice or Treatment
The Healthiest & Most Delicious Bread in the World
1 cup almond flour
1 cup arrowroot flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 ½ tbsp very finely ground chia seed
2 tbsp organic psyllium husk powder
1 ¼ cup filtered water
2 tsp maple syrup (This is consumed by the yeast, which lowers the glycemic index.)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, and sea salt.
2. Heat water to 105-110 °F. Add 2 tsp of maple syrup and stir. Add the yeast and let it stand for 10 minutes. The yeast should bubble or foam. If it doesn’t, start all over again.
3. Stir the finely ground chia and psyllium powder into the yeast mixture. Let it stand for 1 minute to thicken, then whisk.
4. Pour thickened yeast-chia mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until thick and fully combined. The dough will be slightly sticky, but workable. Knead for 1 minute.
5. Put kneaded dough back into the bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm spot to rise for one hour.
6. Preheat the oven at 425 °F. Place a pizza stone (or cooking sheet) in oven to preheat.
7. Divide dough into two balls. Place dough balls on a square of parchment paper or a cutting board. Dip your hands in water and shape into nice rounded shapes. Brush with egg wash, if desired. Use a serrated knife to cut a tic-tac-toe pattern on the top.
8. Slide the prepared dough onto the preheated stone or cooking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes. PLEASE NOTE – baking time can vary – the measure of doneness is an internal temperature of 205-210 °F.
9. Let it cool completely on a wire rack. (Not allowing the loaf to fully cool before cutting may result in a gummy interior.) When completely cooled, slice and serve or store in an airtight container. To re-crisp crust, toast or reheat at 375 °F for 5-10 minutes.