Collard Green Spring Rolls
5-6 Collard green leaves
1-2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
1/3 red cabbage, thinly sliced
3 Tablespoons (about ½ tablespoon per spring roll) red pepper hummus (or other flavored hummus)
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Thai Peanut Sauce:
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
¼ cup coconut aminos
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup water
½ tbsp. garlic paste
2-4 drops of stevia
- Wash all your vegetables and cut them accordingly, set aside.
- Take your collard greens and gently slice off the protruding part of the stem- Be careful not to cut into the leaf, just take off enough so that the collard green is flexible.
- Make your Thai peanut sauce by combining all ingredients in a saucepan, simmer on low for 2 minutes until well combined and set aside.
- To assemble, take a leaf, add the hummus first, add your vegetables (be careful not to overstuff), and sprinkle some cilantro on top.
- Fold the top and bottom in and rolling lengthwise into a spring roll.
- You can cut your rolls in half for easy eating and serve with the sauce on the side!