Green tea is the ultimate anti-aging beverage. Find out why!
0:10 Benefits of green tea for your skin
1:47 Key takeaways
1:57 Share your success story!
In this video, we’re going to talk about the benefits of green tea for your skin.
You probably already know that green tea is a healthy beverage to drink, but you can also apply it topically to your skin. I’m going to talk about the benefits of drinking green tea and using it topically for skin health.
Green tea is rich in polyphenols, which are phytonutrients. These are what give green tea its many benefits for reducing the signs of aging.
1. Green tea has powerful anti-photoaging properties, which means that it reduces the effects of UV light on skin aging.
2. Green tea increases collagen and elastin fibers by suppressing enzymes that degrade collagen and elastin. This helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve the overall health of your skin.
3. Green tea has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Green tea has the ability to induce autophagy, which is the recycling of old, damaged proteins to use for new proteins.
5. Green tea can promote ROS-scavenging enzymes, which help clean up free radicles that cause damage to your DNA. Green tea can also decrease the amount of hydrogen peroxide that the body creates, resulting in less oxidative stress.
6. Green tea acts as a potent stress mediator, helping your body better resist the effects of stress.
7. Green tea can potentially decrease both melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer.
Having green tea while you’re fasting is a great way to boost these benefits for your skin.