Keto Butter Chicken - Indian Recipe
1 ½ cups full fat Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ tbsp ground turmeric
2 tbsp garam masala
3 tbsp cumin powder
1 tsp curry powder
3 pounds chicken thighs (with the bone or without)
½ cup unsalted butter
4 tsp olive oil
2 medium-sized yellow onions, diced
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
3 tbsp ginger paste
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup chicken stock
1 ½ cup heavy cream
1 ½ tsp tomato paste
Cilantro Leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, curry powder, and cumin in a bowl and mix well. Add your chicken to the bowl and coat the chicken in the marinade.
- Cover and put in the fridge for 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
- In a large pan, melt your butter and oil over medium heat. Add your onions and cook until they are soft. Add your galic, ginger paste and cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add your tomatoes and jalapeno at this point and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- Add your chicken, along with the marinade to the pan and cook for 5 minutes then add your chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover and heat on low for about 30 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and tomato paste and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy!