Yes, iodine is important for the thyroid, but let’s talk about the unexpected benefits of iodine for the rest of the body.
0:00 Introduction: Iodine explained
0:10 Do we need iodine?
1:37 How to tell if you’re deficient in iodine
3:12 Iodine benefits
6:05 Check out this comprehensive video on iodine!
Today I will cover the unexpected benefits of iodine. Iodine is a trace mineral. You don’t need a lot of iodine, but it is still very important for your health. If you don’t have the right amount of iodine, many different health issues can occur.
Every single cell in the body needs iodine. In my opinion, the daily recommended amounts for iodine are way too low. Unless you consume foods from the ocean, you’re not going to get very much iodine from your food.
The body utilizes iodine for many different things, including the detoxification of mercury, lead, fluoride, and bromide.
Unexpected health benefits of iodine:
1. It can help shrink cysts
2. It can help reduce the size of skin tags and warts
3. It can help break down the connective tissue in a condition called Dupuytren’s contracture
4. It supports scar regeneration
5. It can help lessen depression
6. It can help shrink stones in the parotid glands
7. It can help reduce hot flashes and heavy menstrual cycles by balancing estrogen