Steak and Mashed Cauliflower
This is a take on steak and mashed potatoes. Try steamed cauliflower with cream and butter, it’s just as good as mashed potatoes (maybe even better).
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
Steak - 3 oz
Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
Cauliflower - 1 ½ cups
Heavy Whipping Cream - 1 tablespoon
Butter - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper steak. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets. Add cauliflower, water, and 1 teaspoon of salt to a sauce pot. Bring to a boil. Boil for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a pan, turn on medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot, smoking lightly - gently place steak into hot pan.
- Let cook on one side for 3 minutes, do not move the steak, if you want a crispy sear.
- Flip steak over, cook on other side for 3 more minutes. Finish cooking steak to desired temperature in the oven (if your pan is oven safe).
- Once cauliflower is soft, remove from heat. Pour cauliflower through a colander.
- Take warm cauliflower and mix together cream, butter, and salt with a whisk.
- Cut steak. Serve on top of cauliflower.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.