Keto Curry Beef and Cauliflower Rice
This curry is keto-perfect! The flavors are great and the coconut milk is high in fat. The only problem with curry is that a lot of restaurants add tons of cane sugar to their curry pastes. Choose a curry paste with low sugar content and make it in the comfort of your own home so that you can stay in ketosis!
TOTAL TIME: 5.5 hours
Grass-fed Stew Beef - 3-6 oz - we will only be using 3-6 oz for this recipe, but if you cook 1-2 lbs of meat ahead of time, you will have it to add to other meals. It's easy and delicious.
Onion - 1 whole - for slow cooking
Red Curry Paste - 1 tablespoon - you can find this at your local market. Just make sure it doesn't have a lot of sugar in it.
Organic Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Cauliflower Rice - 1 cup, we used organic store bought "riced cauliflower"
Cilantro - for garnish
Celery - for garnish/crunch
Carrots - for garnish/crunch
1. In a slow cooker, cook beef and onions for 4-5 hours on high. You want the pieces of meat to still hold together. If you cook it for too long, then the beef will become shredded, which is DELICIOUS, but not ideal for this recipe. If you don't have a slow cooker, try cooking it covered at 350 degrees for 4-5 hours.
2. To make the curry sauce, you just need the base ingredients of the curry paste and coconut milk.
3. Add the paste to a sauce pot. On medium-low heat, stir ir around a little bit, just to slightly cook it.
4. Add coconut milk. Stir until the coconut milk and curry paste are completely mixed together.
5. Pour curry cause over beef. Garnish with cilantro and any veggies of your choice. Be creative!
Add 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum, if you'd like the sauce to be thicker.
You can also add a pinch of sweetener, if you like your curry a bit sweeter.
If you want to add more flavor to this dish, you could chop garlic, onions, shallows, lemongrass, and a little oil to your pot before you add the curry paste. Cook it on low for 4-5 minutes. Just be careful not to burn the garlic.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.