Bacon and Spinach Breakfast
The perfect keto breakfast: a combination of spinach, bacon, avocado, and eggs.
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
Bacon - 4 slices
Coconut Oil - 1 tablespoon
Eggs - 2 large eggs
Spinach - 2 cups
Avocado - ½ medium avocado
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon until crispy about 15-25 minutes.
- Place ½ tablespoon coconut oil in pan and turn on medium heat. Once pan is hot, add spinach.
- Stir spinach a few times until wilted. Remove and place it on paper towel on a plate (to absorb the liquid, so that it doesn’t end up on your final plate.)
- Wipe down pan, add the other ½ tablespoon coconut oil. Once pan is warm again, add eggs.
- Keep the heat at low-medium while stirring eggs for fluffy eggs.
- Salt/pepper to taste
To make bacon that melts in your mouth, cook bacon @ 350 degrees in the oven rather than on direct heat (stove top). When cooking bacon, you want to render out all of the fat. If you apply bacon to direct heat, the fat gets chewy. Think of a pork chop or steak that you have eaten that has had chewy fat on it. That fat is chewy because it was cooked on a high heat and cooked fast.
Over-wilted spinach tastes icky. If you get the pan hot first (medium heat), spinach should take less than a minute to wilt. Make sure you remove it from the heat as soon as it is wilted.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.