Scrumptious Keto Pecan Pie Recipe
With this amazing and delicious keto pecan pie recipe, switching to a keto lifestyle is now easier than ever!
In this article:
This Sugar-Free Keto Pecan Pie Recipe Tastes Just As Good As Grandma’s
Switch to Keto with the Best Pecan Pie Recipe
Think the ketogenic diet is boring? This keto pecan pie recipe will prove you wrong. Even better, it’s sugar-free so you can indulge without the guilt (in moderation).
What Is the Ketogenic Diet? It is a high-fat, low-carb diet that brings the body into a state of ketosis. Ketosis is a metabolic state where the body uses fat molecules called ketones as fuel.
A common misperception is that keto doesn’t allow for desserts like your classic pecan pie. With a few simple tweaks to the recipe, you can make an unhealthy dessert into a keto-friendly one. Gather your baking dishes and ingredients and make this low-carb pecan pie today.
No-Carb Pie Crust
For our keto pecan pie recipe, we’ll divide this into two parts: the pie crust and the pecan filling. You can make the crust, which can be your base for other pie recipes, ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, grass-fed and melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powdered sweetener
Note: Add the sweetener if you’re making a pie crust. If you’re trying to make a quiche, don’t add it.
1. Mix all the ingredients into a food processor. Combine them until they ball up.
2. Dump into the pie crust and spread thin.
3. Wait for the crust to thicken so you can press it quite thinly around your pie plate.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Tip: You can store this in the refrigerator for a couple for days if you want to make this in advance.
RELATED: Keto-Friendly Quiches
Keto Pecan Pie Recipe Filling
Now your pie crust is ready, it’s time to pair it with an easy-to-make pecan filling.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup Fiber Yum™ plus 1 tbsp maple extract, mixed well
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans in halves
1. Beat the eggs.
2. Mix all ingredients except for the pecans in a mixing bowl. Use a beater and combine until smooth.
3. Add the pecans and stir with a spatula until blended.
4. Pour into the pie crust.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Don’t wait for the next Thanksgiving meal to enjoy this keto pecan pie.
If you want more recipes like this and learn more about keto, subscribe to Dr. Berg’s Healthy Keto and Intermittent Fasting membership. You can access over 150 video lessons plus more bonus products like a meal maker.
Will you be making this pecan pie recipe? Share how yours turned out in the comments section below!
Up Next: The Healthiest Pizza In The World
Disclaimer: Our educational content does not intend to provide any medical advice or treatment.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on November 29, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.