Using acupressure to the thyroid works on lowering the cold on hands and feet like 50 percent of the time.
You can do it yourself or have someone else do it.
If it doesn’t work, it can be coming from another sourceand there are many other causes of cold hands or feet.
How to Do Acupressure on Someone?
1. The first thing to do is to rate how cold their feet or hands are, from 1 to 10 - 10 being very hot and 1 being very, very cold.
2. You can put your hand on their forehead and press in the lower part of their neck with your other hand (watch video for accuracy).
3. If it is a little sore in the area, touch the area lightly. Then you are going to hold your hands on their lower neck for just a few minutes. You are going to feel a little resistance while adding pressure in the area of the lower neck.
4. While you're doing this, you should ask the person if the rate they picked earlier is going up. As the number goes up, the hands become warmer.
5. Keep applying pressure until the number is at a 9. If the rate is going up too slow, you might want to move your finger down just half an inch, because you want to get to the exact opposite of the thyroid which is in the front of the neck in the lower part.
How to Do Acupressure on Yourself
If you don’t have someone to do it for you, you can do it yourself with this acupressure tool.
Place the tool in the back of the lower neck and lean back (as shown in video) for 2 to 3 minutes. It should be at the direct opposite of the thyroid.