Let’s talk about the benefits of Gotu Kola. Gotu Kola has been used as a natural remedy for thousands of years. It’s very popular in Indonesia and other countries. It’s known as the “student herb” because students have used it to help sharpen the mind and boost cognition, memory, brain function, and brain circulation.
Benefits of Gotu Kola:
1. Studies have shown positive effects of Gotu Kola for neuron dendrites. Gotu kola may help reverse damage in neuron interactions.
2. It has potential cognitive benefits, including:
• Increased memory/learning
• Increased acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter)
• Increased attention/motivation
3. It has potential neuroprotective properties, including:
• Protecting the brain from oxidation, toxins, heavy metals, etc.
4. It can increase telomerase activity by 8.8x. Telomerase is an enzyme that keeps adding DNA to the telomere. A telomere protects genes from being damaged. The shorter the telomere, the higher the risk you have for diseases. A telomere maintains gene stability and decreases the risk of age-related diseases.