The Healthiest Pizza in the World
Our Educational Content is Not Meant or Intended for Medical Advice or Treatment
How to Make the Healthiest Pizza in the World
I’ve got a recipe for pizza that’s so healthy, you have my green-light to eat it as often as you like. It’s not expensive, it’s not hard to make, and it is packed with fiber, phytonutrients, and plenty of flavor.
The secret to this amazingly healthy pizza is the crust. The crust is made of just three simple, healthy ingredients: cauliflower, cheese, and eggs. Not a grain of white flour or sugar to be seen here!
You can even skip salt and extra oil, because the cheese contains fat and salt already. I recommend using natural and organic ingredients if you can, but the recipe will work just fine with conventional produce and ingredients.
Be especially careful, however, in selecting your tomato sauce. Many tomato sauces have an alarming amount of added sugar, so make sure you read the ingredients before selecting your sauce.
2 cups finely grated cauliflower
2 cups shaved mozzarella cheese plus extra for topping (I use a pre-shaved organic brand)
2 large eggs
Toppings of your choice (I like mushrooms, fresh tomato slices, and fresh basil
Round pizza pan with a lip
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut parchment paper to match the size and shape of your pizza pan. Parchment paper is the best way to prevent your crust from sticking to the baking surface.
2. Finely grate cauliflower and remove any large chunks. You want a fine, uniform texture like rice.
3. Mix together the cauliflower, mozzarella cheese, and two eggs until well-combined. At this point, it may not look like it could possibly turn into pizza crust, but it will bake to a thin, crunchy, flexible crust- just watch!
4. Place cauliflower mixture in the center of the parchment paper on the pizza pan. Spread the mixture thinly but evenly out the edges of the pan.
5. Bake crust at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Assemble the rest of your toppings. Place a small dollop of tomato sauce- start with less than you think you’ll need- in the center of your crust and spread it out nearly to the edge. Be conservative with the sauce- too much sauce was one of my mistakes when I was perfecting this recipe!
7. Top with cheese, followed by any other toppings of your choice. I add whole, fresh basil leaves, slices of organic tomato and mushroom, and sometimes pepperoni.
8. Return to oven and bake until cheese is evenly melted and just beginning to turn golden on the surface.
That’s it! This is a surprisingly easy, surprisingly healthy recipe for one of America’s favorite foods, one that is often packed with sugar and white flour.
With just a little effort, you can make delicious, healthy pizza at home, and it is absolutely, positively Dr. Berg approved.
Find more Healthy Recipes from Dr. Berg Video Blog.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.