Our Educational Content is Not Meant or Intended for Medical Advice or Treatment
Throbbing vascular migraines can be completely debilitating. But there is a lot of confusing and conflicting information out there on migraines. How do you get rid of them, especially when they are hormone related? From feverfew to caffeine to vitamin B-complex supplements, how do you know what's best, and what will actually work? When it comes to the best remedy for throbbing vascular migraines, I recommend a simple, effective approach.
These kinds of migraines are often hormone related. And so the solution looks to address that root problem. Do you find that as you go through a cycle, you experience a repeated pattern of throbbing migraines? If so, then is article is just for you.
Read on to discover an easy natural remedy for your migraine pain.
In this article, I will discuss:
- The basics of migraine.
- The connection between migraine attacks and hormones.
- The best natural remedy for migraines.
- How to use this natural remedy for migraine headache pain.
- More info on migraine headaches.
- The bottom line.
What is a migraine?
Migraine is a neurological condition. The most well-known symptom is a severe headache. The headache is usually joined by other symptoms like sensitivity to light and sound, nausea, and vomiting. The throbbing, painful attacks can last for hours, days, or even weeks. And they can be completely disabling to those who get them.
There are many theories as to what causes migraine headaches. One thing we do know is that migraine pain involves the blood vessels and the vascular system. And we know that in many cases, hormones affect the chain of events that lead to a migraine.
Migraine treatment involves medications, lifestyle changes, and at home remedies. These can all help a person to find relief from the painful symptoms.
The hormone connection
For many people, migraines are linked to hormones.
In the chain of events that lead to a migraine attack, hormones are involved. Some of the major players include estrogen, vasopressin, and oxytocin.
Therefore, migraine remedies need to look at those hormones. They must address the imbalances in order to stop attacks from taking place.
So what natural remedies work best? Which ones will give migraineurs the relief they deserve?
What's the best remedy for throbbing vascular migraines?
I explained above how hormones like oxytocin are known to be involved in the migraine-related chain of events. Addressing the effects of oxytocin can be a helpful way to stop attacks.
In order to do this, people take a variety of approaches.
The list below explains some common efforts that people take to try and reduce pain by altering oxytocin levels.
- High potency vitamin C. Vitamin C is needed to make oxytocin, so sometimes this can help.
- High dosages of magnesium. Again, magnesium is needed to make oxytocin. Magnesium also relaxes the tissues, and it can help with migraines.
- Oxytocin nasal spray. This can work for some people to boost oxytocin levels.
- Saltwater. Oxytocin depletes sodium, so some people find it helpful to put salt back into the body with salt water.
These approaches can be useful for migraine headache relief. But in the end, they aren't the natural migraine remedy that I recommend first and foremost.
My #1 recommendation for migraine relief
My favorite, tried-and-true home remedy for migraines is celery juice.
As I mentioned above, oxytocin depletes sodium. If you are low in sodium, you will dehydrate your tissues and increase cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). This will in turn cause pressure (and pain) and even cause nausea. Those are the same symptoms of a migraine attack.
So increasing sodium levels in the body can be important in finding relief. It will keep your tissues hydrated and decrease the CSF pressure that could be causing your migraine pain.
But I do not recommend just consuming straight salt, or sodium chloride, as other people might. I recommend just increasing sodium.
How do you do that?
By drinking celery juice.
Celery juice has natural sodium in it, which can turn into a very effective home remedy.
How to use celery juice for migraine symptoms
I think that celery juice is one of the most underrated migraine headache remedies. I find it to be very helpful in supporting people in finding relief.
It is quite easy to use celery juice for migraine relief. There is no long list of herbs or supplements or medications you have to pile up in your cabinet. Just one natural, simple ingredient.
All you've got to do is juice 4-5 stalks of celery. And drink up!
That's it. It is as easy as that.
You will find that the celery juice will give you more relief than a lot of those other remedies out there like feverfew or butterbur or caffeine.
Want to learn more about the health benefits of celery and how good it can be for your body? Then check out this video. Celery can also help you with blood pressure, digestive issues, sleep problems, and so much more.
Learn more about migraines
I have many other resources on my blog to help you learn all about migraines. You can discover what can cause them and how to find relief. Check out the links below for more information.
- Using the keto diet to lessen migraines. Did you know that low blood sugar can be a trigger for headaches? And that insulin resistance could be coming into play with your migraine symptoms? That's why keto can be a good choice. The keto diet is really good for your brain. It can reduce stress on the brain, which can help your migraines. Try it to see if it lessens the intensity of your symptoms.
- Migraines that come from digestion. Much of the time, migraine pain isn't coming from the head at all. Instead, the pain is being referred from your digestive system. Follow this link for tips on how to know if your migraines are coming from your digestion. And also what to do about it if they are.
- The real causes of headaches. Learn about the most common causes of migraine. Most of these aren't related to head injuries. Or anything around your head at all! Learning all you can about your headaches and what might be causing them is key. This can help you to find an approach that works well for you.
The bottom line
Migraines are a really hard condition to live with. If you've got migraines that are causing you a lot of pain and distress, it is time to act and find relief now. But you don't have to turn to medications that have a whole long list of side effects. Why not try this simple remedy for migraines instead?
If your headaches are hormone related, then my #1 remedy may be well worth your while. It helps address the hormone connection, helping you see relief fast.
Celery juice can be very helpful for migraine relief. And it has no bad side effects. It is healthy, good for your body overall, and really simple. Just juice 4-5 stalks of celery and drink up your glass.
I think that you will find celery juice to give you much more relief than other home remedies out there.
So will you give it a try? Start drinking celery juice. And then share your results and thoughts in the comments below.