Keto Cashew Chicken Recipe
Per serving: 521 calories, 42.7 g protein, 23.7 g carbohydrates, 29.5 g fat
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp / 15 mL xanthan gum (or guar gum)
- 2 Tbsp / 30 mL water
- 1 Tbsp / 15 mL olive oil
- 1 lb / .5 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup / 118.3 mL carrots, shredded
- 1 cup / 236.6 mL snow peas
- 1 cup / 236.6 mL cashews, whole
- ¾ cup / 177.4 mL chicken broth
- ¼ cup / 60 mL fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp / 15 mL sugar substitute
- 1 tsp / 5 mL sesame oil
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
In a small bowl whisk together xanthan gum (or guar gum) and water to make a slurry. Set aside.
In a medium-sized skillet or wok over medium high heat add olive oil and chicken--adding extra oil if needed. Brown until almost cooked through and add zucchini, bell pepper, carrots, and snow peas. Cook until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink. Add cashews.
Add chicken broth, fish sauce, garlic, sugar substitute, and sesame oil to the pan. Stir until incorporated. Let simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
Add slurry that was set aside in Step 1.
Garnish with green onions.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.