Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Per serving: Calories 322, Protein 18.2 g, Carbohydrates 17.8 g, Fat 20.5 g
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
SERVES: 3 to 4
- 1 pound / 450 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 Tbsp / 14.8 mL unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp / 5 mL Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp / 2.5 mL crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp / 2.5 mL almond flour, diluted with 2 tsp vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup / 118.3 mL low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup / 118.3 mL heavy cream
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup / 118.3 mL Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F / 200 degrees C. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain Brussels sprouts and set aside.
In an oven-proof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and fry garlic with Italian seasoning and red chili pepper flakes over medium heat until fragrant, 1 or 2 minutes. Whisk in the almond flour mixture, stirring constantly until fully incorporated.
Stir broth into the skillet and mix until the sauce thickens a bit. Pour cream over and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then spread out Brussels sprouts evenly in the sauce. Give a quick stir to coat them well.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the gratin until bubbly and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Top with Parmesan.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.