Cauliflower, Bacon, and Cheese
Try this delicious cauliflower casserole. It is baked with cheese and bacon. A small amount of xanthan gum will help to thicken the cheese sauce. This recipe kept the small cauliflower florets whole because we like the crunchy texture. However, if you are craving something like a baked potato, you can boil the cauliflower until soft, mash it, and top it with cheese, bacon, butter, or green onions... you could even add some sour cream!
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
Cauliflower - 1 cup
Cheese - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup (small diced)
Bacon - 3 slices (chopped for garnish)
Xanthan Gum - 1/4 teaspoon
Heavy Cream - 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you don't have your bacon already cooked, now is when you want to cook it. You are going to use the bacon as a garnish along with green onions.
2. Cut cauliflower into small florets. You want small pieces so that they cook completely. Bigger florets would take much longer to cook and bite sized pieces are easier to eat.
2. Chop onion. Over medium heat, melt down coconut oil in medium pan. Add onions. Cook on medium-low for 5 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower to pan. Turn up heat to medium heat. Saute cauliflower for 5 minutes. Once cauliflower is slightly cooked, remove from heat and transfer into a small oven safe dish. The cauliflower is going to finish cooking in the oven.
4. For cheese sauce, add cheese and heavy cream to a sauce pot on medium heat. Stir frequently until cheese is melted. Add xanthan gum.
5. At this point, you should have the cauliflower/onion mixture in a small oven safe dish. Next, top it with the cheese mixture. Cook in oven for 20 mins.
6. Garnish with bacon and green onions!
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.