Try this easy recipe to make the perfect salmon.
TOTAL TIME: 5-10 mins
3 oz to 6 oz salmon- if you are eating 3 meals a day
8 oz salmon- if you are eating 2 meals a day
1 tablespoon oil
- Melt oil in pan on medium heat.
- Pat salmon dry. Season with salt.
- Add salmon to pan, continue to cook on medium heat. Make sure the pan is HOT when you add the salmon to it. The hot pan and oil creates the crispy sear. Do not move the salmon for 2-3 minutes, this also helps to create a nice sear.
- Once the salmon is seared/golden brown on one side (about 4-5 minutes), flip it over.
- Cook on other side until desired temp (145 degrees).
- For well done, cook for about 4-5 minutes more on medium heat. Or you could also finish cooking the salmon in the oven at 400 degrees until the internal temperature of the salmon is at least 145.
Use Extra Light Olive Oil or Safflower Oil (non-GMO) when searing meat at high temperatures because they have a high smoke point. This means they will not burn as quickly as other oils (such as Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Butter).
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.