Meatballs and Zoodles
Spaghetti sauce is delicious, but can be high in carbs. This is a quick spaghetti that doesn’t use too much tomato in the sauce. It gets a lot of its flavor from the garlic, onion, and cheese. It also uses zucchini noodles as the “spaghetti.”
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
Hamburger - 3 oz
Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
Butter - 1 tablespoon
Onion - ¼ cup
Tomato Paste - 1 tablespoon
Garlic - 2 cloves
Parmesan Cheese - 1 cup - grated
Zucchini - 1 medium - zoodles
- Roll hamburger meat into 4-5 meatballs.
- Add oil to pan, turn on medium-high heat.
- Add meatballs to pan, cook on medium high heat for 7-9 minutes. Rotating meat occasionally.
- Add onion and garlic to a pan with butter. Turn on medium-low heat. Let cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low.
- Add zoodles and butter. Stir on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Place in a bowl. Garnish with a lot of parmesan cheese! Salt/Pepper to taste. Enjoy!
If you’re in a hurry, you can just cook the hamburger meat like you’re making spaghetti meat. It tastes the same and saves you time.
You could also add some onions, garlic, and spices to your meatballs for some extra flavor (if your macros allow).
You don’t need a super fancy spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. The one used for this recipe was a small handheld spiralizer for $6.99 from the local grocery market.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.