Eric Berg, DC, 46 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in weight loss through nutritional and natural methods. His private practice is located in Alexandria, Virginia. His clients include senior officials in the U.S. government and the Justice Department, ambassadors, medical doctors, high-level executives of prominent corporations, scientists, engineers, professors, and other clients from all walks of life.
He is the author of The 7 Principles of Fat Burning, published by Action KB Publishing in January 2011. In addition, Eric Berg is widely published in trade magazines, including Chiropractic Today and The American Chiropractor, and in consumer publications such as First for Women, Men’s Exercise, New Beauty, Upscale and Let’s Live. Dr. Berg trains chiropractors, physicians and allied healthcare practitioners in his methods, and to date he has trained over 2,000 healthcare professionals.
He has been an active member of the Endocrinology Society, on the advisory panel for the Health Science Institute, and has worked as a past part-time adjunct professor at Howard University. Eric Berg’s nonprofit foundation, Health Technology Foundation, is currently being approved nationally for the purpose of providing research to substantiate alternative healthcare technologies, giving cost-effective solutions and result-oriented healthcare. As a leader in natural health and food coaching, Eric Berg has appeared on many radio and television shows, including ABC, CBS, and as a monthly host on Channel 8’s Sports Talk. He has also had his own radio health show on WOL in 2005.
I have been in practice for 23 years. Over the past 12 years I have been teaching, training and certifying over 2000 healthcare practitioners (DCs, MDs, DOs, Acupuncturists, Naturopaths, Physical Trainers, Massage Therapists and Physical Therapists) in alterative healthcare techniques. At the same time, I am the director of the Health & Wellness Center, a healthcare clinic in Northern Virginia. I have taught part time at Howard University as an associate professor in the area of Community Health. I have developed the Neuropathway Technique, Acupressure Stress Elimination Technique and Dynamic Joint Recovery which works with chronic pain and stress and improving energy and increasing the quality of sleep.
Weight Loss – Our program evaluates a patient’s diet and exercise based on hormonal influences, specifically fat burning hormone triggers. Tailor-made recommendations are given based on Dr. Berg’s latest book, “The 7 Principles of Fat Burning”. Metabolism is influenced by 6 fat-burning hormones. The patient is guided as to what to eat based on the foods which enhance fat-burning instead of fat-storing.
Acupressure Stress Elimination Technique (ASET) – A technique to reduce inappropriate stress, pain and tension in the body through the stimulation of stress points. It is use primarily in weight loss programs since fat burning occurs in deep sleep.
Dynamic Joint Recovery (DJR) – This technique works to reduce the muscle guarding, which occurs after joint injury. Before a person can stretch and strengthen the soft tissues surrounding the joint, the “protective guarding” must be reduced.
NeuroPathway Technique (NPT) – This techniques assess the nerve-brain pathways to help recovery from old injury and trauma.
Nutritional Consulting – Using whole food vitamin complex supplementation and diet recommendations, Dr. Berg recommends nutrition to improve overall health.
September 1983 – December 1985
University of Wisconsin Parkside: 2 year undergraduate pre-med. studies.
June 1983 – December 1987
Army Reserves: X-ray technician – weekends and summers. Ft. Jackson South Carolina, Ft. Sam Houston Texas, Ft. Riley Kansas. St. Phillips College – San Antonio, Texas.
January 1985 – December 1988
Palmer College of Chiropractic: Davenport IA, Doctor of Chiropractic deg
Past and Present Affiliations
Taught as an associate professor at Howard University in the Health Department (Nutrition)
Certification and Licensure
- Virginia Board of Medicine - Certified to Practice Chiropractic: No. 1851
- California Board of Chiropractic - Passed Boards in January 1990: No. 20123
- Louisiana Board of Chiropractic - Passed Boards in January 1990: No. 875
- Certified in Microscopy (live blood cell analysis)
- Certified in the diagnostic interpretation of neuro-selective current perception threshold by H. Chado M.D.: Certification No. 30166
Current and Past Membership Affiliations
- Active Member of the Endocrinology Society; in recognition of achievement in clinical practice, research and or education in the field of endocrinology.
- Honorary member of Price – Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
- International Academy of Chiropractic Occupational Health Consultants
- Clinical Associate: CERA, Clinical Electromedical Research Academy, March 1997 Recognition of high practice standards, voluntary continuing education and superior ethical concerns in the discipline of clinical bioelectrical medicine.
- Advisory Panel member of the Health Science Institute
- American Association for Health Freedom (formerly the American Preventative Medicine Association)
- Proclamation from the Office of the Mayor, Robert Williams, June 1995 Shreveport, LA
- Official Statement of Commendation by Governor Edwin Edwards, State of Louisiana, May 1995 Sponsoring “Way to
- Happiness Program” to a local elementary school - winning 1st place nationally (Concerned Businessmen Association)
- Research participant: RAND, Chiropractic Research, 1993, by Robert Brook M.D.
Inventions and Creations
- Dr. Berg developed the Fat Burning Tracker Coach, which is a web-based internet tool to help people track weight loss and receive recommendations based on the book, The 7 Principles of Fat Burning. Built into the system is the option use Heart
- Rate Variability assessment to allow people to monitor and determine correct exercise programs.
- Dr. Berg has developed two nutritional supplements, Organic Cruciferous Food and Organic Cruciferous Sprouts, which are whole food freeze-dried tablets.
- Dr. Berg is working on several patents presently relating to recent inventions.
- Dr. Berg has created several DVDs on health, exercise, fat burning and Cruciferous vegetables. In his cooking DVD, with help from a 5-star chef, he shows people how to prepare health foods quickly and simply.
- Dr. Berg has also created a Nutritional Program, which analyzes a person’s diet to determine if they are reaching their RDA amounts; it then recommends the exact foods necessary to fulfill this deficiency. This is in beta testing presently.
- Dr. Berg has helped developed an internet software program to assess exercise recovery technology. This device assists in getting feedback on which exercise would be correct for a given physiology.
Research and Development
- Dr. Berg is in the process of setting up a non-profit foundation called “Health Technologies Foundation” and is applying for federal and state grants to do research in nutrition, stress and exercise.
- Dr. Berg spends 20 hours per week doing in-house clinical research with Acupressure – Acupressure Stress Elimination
- Technique. This includes performing studies on pain, inflammation, weight loss, exercise, fatigue, stress and cravings.
- Future research interest is in the field of weight loss high nutrient type foods and exercise. An additional research project will be in the field of exercise to explore the quantity of weight loss from aerobic versus anaerobic exercise.
- Dr. Berg has written his own national newsletter called HealthySelf Newsletter.
- Dr. Berg publishes weekly e-mail HealthySelf tip to 86,000 people all over the world.
- Dr. Berg published three books – “The 7 Principles of Fat Burning”, “Healthy Hormones, Healthy Life”, and “Dr. Berg’s Body Shape Diets”.
- HealThySelf Newsletters
- January 12/13, 1991 – B.E.S.T Technique, Bioenergistic Synchronization Technique, Life Chiropractic College West
- August 22/23, 1992 – Southern California College of Chiropractic, Philosophy and Technique, Dr. Reggie Gold
- December 5/6, 1992 – National-Lincoln School of Post Graduate Education, Cox Low Back Seminar, Dr. Neault
- December 11/12, 1993 – International Scoliosis Research Center Inc. Biomechanics of Scoliosis Progression
- November 19-22, 1994 – Microscopy, Live blood cell analysis, Certified
- May 14, 1994 – Risk Management, Louisiana Union of Chiropractic ; September 25, 1994 – Motor Vehicle Collision Injuries, LUCP
- November 18/19, 1994 – Earned Masters Certification in the performance of A.M.A. permanent medical impairment examination and credible fact finding.
- February 3/4, 1996 – Spinal Impairment Studies (Disability rating), Dr. Mazion
- December 7/8, 1996 – Fibromyalgia, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dr. Jeff Rockwell
- January 18, 1997 – Contact Reflex Analysis, Dallas Texas, Dr. Versandaal
- August 1997 – Comprehensive physician training course in the procedure and diagnostic interpretation of the neuro-selective current perception threshold examination, H. Chado M.D.Certification No. 30166
- March 21, 1998 – Contact Reflex Analysis, New York, NY, Dr. Versandaal
- April 18/19, 1998 – Contact Reflex Analysis, Harrisburg, PA, Dr. Versandaal, Dr. Fred Ulan and Dr. Bryman.
- May 17/18, 1998 – Contact Reflex Analysis, Columbus, OH, Dr. Versandaal, Dr. Fred Uland and Dr. Bryman
- May 30/31, 1998 – Effective Nutrition Therapy, Alexandria, VA, Dr. Michael Dobbins
- August 8/9, 1998 – Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique, Buena Park CA, Dr. Devi Nambudripad
- September 12, 1998 – Advanced Clinical Nutrition, Alexandria, VA, Dr. Michael Dobbins
- July 6/7, 2002 – Advanced Clinical Nutrition Training, Alexandria, VA, Dr. Michael Dobbins
- November 22-24, 2002 – Foundation and Therapeutic Use of Whole Foods and Phyto-Nutrients and ACG Symposium, Miami FL, Jeremy E. Kaslow, M.D., FACP, FACAI
Dr. Berg has conducted over 4550 workshops, seminars and symposiums on the following topics:
- Dr. Berg has also been on the cable TV show, “Medical’s Best Kept Secrets”, with Allen Walls eight times (2/6/00 – 11/13/01).
- Channel 9 CBS nightly news health spot interviewed Dr. Berg’s energy technique discovery and patients’ successes (4/16/02).
- Channel 8 news interview Dr. Berg on Allergy Elimination (4/20/02).
- Radio newscaster Chilli Amar (107.3 FM-WRQX-FM) interviewed Dr. Berg regarding his newly released book and technique – Healthy Hormones, Healthy Life – Acupressure Techniques (1/5/02).
- Radio WTEM-AM in-studio interview with MetroTalk regarding weight loss and Acupressure Techniques (2/17/02).
- Radio newscaster Deirdre Blake (WFLS-AM) interview on the Body Restoration Technique and female hormones (3/7/02).
- Radio interview WFAX-AM on the Acupressure Techniques (4/2/02).
- The Hill Rag article was done on Alternative Healthcare Techniques.
- Woman’s First Magazine did a 4 page feature article on the 4 body types in August of 2006
- Experience Magazine did a story on Belly Fat and featured Dr. Berg in November 2006
- Woman’s World mentioned Dr. Berg’s recommendations on reducing cravings in July of 2006
- Dr. Berg has had 2 radio shows in the past two years: 1580AM andRadio One’s WOL 1450AM
- Dr. Berg has been on Fox & Friends in New York in May of 2008
- First for Woman – front page 2008
- American Chiropractor Trade Magazine, article – 2007
- New Beauty Magazine, article – 2007
- Taste for Life Magazine, article – 2007
- Let’s Live Magazine, article – 2007
- Men’s Exercise Magazine, article 2007
- Issue Today Radio Network February 21, 2007
- WNTN-AM 1550 February 22, 2007
- WOCA-AM 1370 February 28, 2007
- KCBR-AM 1040 March 2, 2007
- Talk Star Radio Network March 3, 2007
- WACK-AM 1420 March 5, 2007
- WHJJ-AM 920 March 6, 2007
- Health Radio Network March 6, 2007
- WUSA Channel 9 Live Interview March 8, 2007
- WEZE-AM 590 March 12, 2007
- WIBQ-AM 1220 March 13, 2007
- KCTE-AM 1510 March 16, 2007
- Cable Radio Network April 6, 2007
- WOGL-FM 98.1 April 11, 2007
- WJGA-AM 1320 May 2, 2007
- vChannel 8 Sports Talk August 3, 2007 – August 2008 – each month